- The Wilson College is one of the earliest educational institutions to have a library from its very inception in 1832
- Our Library has an impressive collection of books and journals going back to the 18th century
- Digitization of old records and of old books has been taken up
- Our collection has books covering a wide spectrum of subjects
- The library has a spacious reading area.
- The library has taken annual membership of N-LIST for accessing E-resources.
- The Library has subscribed the first E-Magazine “The Economist”
- A compilation of E-Books is available.
- SLIM 21 - A software system for Library Information Management has been installed,enabling quick search & quick details of books on mobile.
- Parasika Project - The library is associated with the prestigious Parasika Project which, under the aegis of the Asiatic Society of Mumbai, is in process of preparing an annotated catalog of books available on Zoroastrianism and the Parsee community, across various libraries in Mumbai.
- The library is having a college magazine “The Wilsonian” from 1908 to the present year.
- The library timings are from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Library activities - 15th Oct is celebrated every year as “Vachan Prerana Divas” to mark the ‘Birth Anniversary’ of our India’s former President Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam. The Library organizes competitions like Photography, Book Mark Marking, Quiz & Book Cover Making, Book Display exhibition etc. for the students to enhance their interest in books and reading.
- The library has micro films of old Gujarati Books.
John Wilson Education Society's Wilson College has a long standing history. Founded by Dr. John Wilson, the founder of Bombay University, in the year 1832. Wilson College has a NAAC "A" Accreditation since 2005.
Planning & Administration
Office of the Chancellor
WILSON COLLEGE, CHOWPATTY SEAFACE ROAD, MUMBAI-400 007info@ wilsoncollege.edu | email@example.com