Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
IQAC was established on 20.6.2004
Completed three NAAC cycles and accredited successively with ‘A’ grade
Vision To develop an inclusive, dynamic quality system that ensures excellence in curricular, exam-curricular and overall development of the college ecosystem to be an institution of global repute.
Aims and Objectives of Wilson College IQAC –
- •To set and supervise the quality parameters of the college periodically by creating vibrant and enriching learning environment at par with global standards.
- •To promote the all-round academic and administrative development of the institute by providing opportunities and encouraging the teaching and non-teaching staff to undertake self-apprising activities regularly.
- •To regularly assess the progress of the college through internal and external audit systems.
- •To promote the use of ICT tools for teaching learning pmcess and instill value — based education system.
- •To work towards building and establishing Wilson College an autonomous institution.
- •To build up an association with all stakeholders and to promote social responsibility.
- •To produce high caliber graduates with contemporary sensibilities possessing compassion, moral and social values.
Policies of Wilson College IQAC
- •Conduct periodic academic and administrative audits to check quality maintenance and promotion.
- •Preparation and Submission of Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) and SSR as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC.
- •Collection and analysis of feedback from ai1 stakeholders on quality — related institutional processes.
- •Preparation and submission of documents to various government bodies with respect to college ranking.
- •Documentation of various programmes and activities held in the college leading to an efficient data management system.
- •Supporting and mentoring inter — disciplinary workshops, FDP, seminars, conferences and training programs on quality themes to enrich innovative teaching learning process and promote research culture in Wilson College.
- •Assisting in creation of a learner centrist environment conducive to quality education and faculty development to gain the required knowledge and expertise for participatory teaching and learning processes to enhance global competencies.
- •Act as a nodal agency of the institution and to recommend to the management about the requirements leading to improve the academics and administration of the college.
- Under Faculty Development Programme, a workshop on FLIPPED CLASSROOM was organised in the IT lab for degree college teachers on 27th October, 2018.
- On 27th November, 2018, P. Sekhar, Chairman at Micro Tech Global foundation for National Growth was invited to speak on ‘Academia and Industry Networking and Interaction’.
- Organised Self-defence workshop for students and staff on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9th January, 2019.
- Organised a ‘Youth for Green Fest’ as an ISR activity on 14th and 15th February, 2019. It consisted of Competitions, Workshops and sessions and Model United Nations by Wilson College Rotaract Club.
- A session on ‘Leadership in Cross Cultural Context’ by Prof. Olaf Zylics, University of Warsaw, was organised in collaboration with Political science Association on 26th February, 2019 for Third Year students of all faculties.
- Certificate Course conducted by various departments : Local Diversity , Research methodology in Social Sciences, Disability Studies, Local Culture, Paramedical Course, Indian Script and Numismatics, Astronomy, Saral Hindi.
Members of Committee:
1.Chairperson - Head of the Institution:- Principal - Prof. Dr. Anna Pratima G. Nikalje
2. Teachers to represent all level:-
Ms.Vinita Mathew , Mr.Michael D'souza , Mr.Bandu Konde, Dr.Ashish Uzgare , Mrs.Muneerah Khambawalla , Dr.Joyline Mascarenhas , Dr.Devdatta Lad, Dr.Biraj Mehta
3. One nominee from the Management:- a. Dr. T.A. Shiware (Director of Education, JWES)
4. Few Senior administrative officers:- a.Dr.Harsha Badkar(Vice Principal), a. Dr. Jamson Masih (Treasurer) , c. Mr. Pradeep Abhyankar (Registrar)
5.One nominee each from local society, student and Alumni:- a. Dr. S.R. Nalwalla - (Local Society), b. Dr. Zuleika Homavazir - (Alumnus), c. Mr.Ashley Fernandes(Student SYBSc), d. Ms.Husena Barodwala(Students SYBA)
6. One/Two nominees from Employer/ industrialist/ stakeholders :-Mr.Nikhil Kamat (Industrialist), Mr.Nitin Nakti (Corporate), Mr.Rajeev Menon(Stake holder)
7. One of the senior teacher as the Co-ordinator/ Director of IQAC:- Mrs.Radhika Birmole
1. Principal - Dr. Ananda Amritmahal (Sophial college), 2. Prof. Agnelo Menezes (St.Xavier's College), 3. Dr. Sybil Thomas (Mumbai University), Dr.Vijay Joshi- Chief Consultant, RUSA
Supporting Team:- Ms.Swamini Patade, Dr.Anand Burange
Advisory Team:- Mr.Sudhakar Solomonraj , Dr.Sakina Bootwala
John Wilson Education Society's Wilson College has a long standing history. Founded by Dr. John Wilson, the founder of Bombay University, in the year 1832. Wilson College has a NAAC "A" Accreditation since 2005.
Planning & Administration
Office of the Chancellor
WILSON COLLEGE, CHOWPATTY SEAFACE ROAD, MUMBAI-400 007info@ wilsoncollege.edu | email@example.com